Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 September 2008

TELEVISION AND THE SWAZI 40-40

I know, like me, many of you have been monitoring the news media outside of Swaziland to see how they have been covering the Swazi 40/40 celebrations.


I have posted a number of press reports and television broadcasts on this blogsite already.


I want to know if there is any television broadcast about the 40/40 that I have missed. What impresses me about the ones that I have seen is how they move away from the celebrations to look at life as it really is in Swaziland (particularly, the lack of democracy, the poverty and the health problems). And they do all of this in reports lasting no longer than three minutes.


I think these broadcast make a great resource and help people in Swaziland (who mostly only get to see or hear state-controlled broadcasting) to see how good journalism can be made.


I want to collect as many television reports of 40/40 as I can. If you know of any that are available on the Internet (or you have any you recorded ‘off air’ that you are willing to share), please let me know.


The ones I have already (and are featured on this blogsite) are Sky News, al Jazeera, AFP, Reuters, and the BBC (also shown on ABC in the US, and New Zealand Television).


See also

40/40 CELEBRATION


No comments: